Two Cats started as a pop-up and for a year have delighted foodists in Birmingham with their take on new and reinvented Baltic dishes. They now have a permanent home in the Jewellery Quarter and are taking bookings for their launch weekend Thursday 2 – Sunday 4 July.
Niki Astley said; “As a restaurant we hope to strip back formal dining, keep our costs lowered and focus on excellence in our food. We are looking forward to our opening weekend in our brand new restaurant. We will start from seven with a glass of fizz but please feel free to arrive between seven and eight. A full bar will be available on the night, our wine list is looking excellent and we will add the details to our website.”
The menu will be revealed nearer to the opening weekend, depending on what fresh and foraged ingredients the chefs like, but here are some of the delights that Two Cats have previously created;
- Auksta zupa beetroot and buttermilk ‘gazpacho’, parsley, dill, cucumber, radish & nasturtium flowers
- Tartare Olivier, beef rump muscle, smoked duck, chicken liver pate, lumpfish roe, pickled Swede, coal oil, quail egg, begonias
- Monkfish tail/cheek, liver, baby turnip, sorrel sabayon, almond & fennel sand
- Goat cheese pelmeni wild garlic oil, sweet onion broth
- BBQ Wood Pigeon, leg and breast, crunchy grains, scorched broccoli, bilberries, smoked sour cream
- Peanut butter, granola, gooseberries, cucumber, elderflower jelly & meringue
- Strawberries, verbena granita, pineappleweed, brown butter ice cream & gingerbread
Their tiny new restaurant is based off Warstone Lane and has 27 covers. Booking for the opening weekend can be made here with tickets at £40 each.