The black and gold Great Taste logo from the Guild of Fine Foods, is one that visitors to the BBC Good Food Show may well be familiar with, as many of the exhibitors in the Producers Village proudly display this accolade on their stands.
Judged by over 400 of the most demanding palates, belonging to food critics, chefs, restaurateurs, cooks, producers and a host of food writers and journalists, Great Taste is widely acknowledged as the most respected food accreditation scheme for artisan and speciality food producers in the UK.
So it is many congratulations to these local producers who have picked a 1 star Great Taste award:
- Meg Rivers Cakes – Classic iced Christmas Cake
- Monsoon Estates – Daterra Bourbon Collection (coffee)
- Walter Smith – Black Watch Scotch Egg and Shepherds Pie
- Kneals Chocolates – Cornish Sea Salted Caramels
- Mrs Mills Cakes – granola bars and Boozy Fruit Cake.